Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Lord is My Strength

This week was an especially hard one for me; I had seven tests to take, one speech to deliver, and all the homework for next week to think about. With so much work to do it's very hard to study appropriately and find enough time to study for all those tests. This is where prayer comes in. I knew that I didn't have the time or strength to be fully prepared for this week. "But God...." He brought Psalm 73:26 to my mind and I was so encouraged! "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." I knew that in my own strength I would do so poorly on those tests, but God blessed me with this verse and He also prompted me to pray. "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let you requests be made known to God." Philipians 4:6 My anxiety was gone, He enabled me to do well, and He truly did prove to be my Strength.

No comments: