Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Quietness and Confidence

"...In quietness and confidence shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is my strength and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2

His purposes are hidden
Often from our sight,
But our lack of understanding
Will not diminish all His might.

When His movings and His ways
We cannot understand,
He still has power and wisdom
To carry out His plan.

Though we may doubt and falter
His arm is no less strong,
And He faithful keeps the ones
To whom His love belongs.

Though your faith may waver
And weakness reign inside,
There is no weakness in the One
To whom we run and hide.

Such sweetness He affords His saints,
Such quietness and rest,
When we abandon all our doubts
And lean upon His breast.

Our confidence is never found
In self or the inner man,
But in the One who holds us up
And enables us to stand.

Roll your burdens on the One
Who faithful bears them all,
And rest on His unchanging grace
Who keeps the frailest soul.

~A.L 8/25/09