Friday, November 28, 2008

Delight in the Lord

  • "My soul so much delighted to continue instant in prayer, at this blessed season, that I had no desire for my necessary food: even dreaded leaving off praying at all, lest I should lose this spirituality, and this blessed thankfulness to God which I then felt. I felt now quite willing to live, and undergo all trials that might remain for me in a world of sorrow: but still longed for heaven, that I might glorify God in a perfect manner." ~David Brainerd
  • "His delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night." Psalm 1:2
  • "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
  • "I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8
  • "They seek Me day by day and delight to know My ways, as a nation that has done righteousness and has not forsaken the ordinance of their God. They ask Me for just decisions, they delight in the nearness of God." Isaiah 58:2
  • "If we do not rejoice in God - if God is not our treasure and our delight and our satisfaction, then He is dishonored. His glory is belittled. His reputation is tarnished." ~John Piper

No comments: