Saturday, September 3, 2011

Maximum Growth


Tonight while praying with a friend, she said something that was really helpful to me.  She said "you have put us in this place, with these people, to produce the most growth possible at this point in our lives."  Of course I've thought about growth before and recognized that there are different degrees.  But this time it was made so fresh and real.  Thinking about God orchestrating circumstances and moving people in and out of my life in order to produce maximum growth is so precious to me.  It's such a testimony of His sovereignty.  And it creates such conviction when I'm not content with how things are.  If I could grow more as a married person, I would be married right now.  If I could grow more with pleasant coworkers, no more homework, and no spiritual struggles, then that's what my life would look like.  But God in His sovereignty has decided that I will grow more as a single girl with unpleasant coworkers, loads of homework, and a different spiritual struggle for each day of the week.  He decides how to fashion the right environment for my growth.  It is my responsibility to be content and to be eager for opportunities to continue growing.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for sharing, Ang. Very encouraging!

Hannah said...

So wonderful! I've been thinking about that recently, too.