Wednesday, June 24, 2009

With Joy Will I Lift Up My Head

With joy will I lift up my head,
The Comforter is near;
Why should I be downcast,
I’ve nothing now to fear.

No longer held sin’s captive,
I am Captive to His mercy;
From the cross His tender grace
Flows measureless and free.

Nothing now can threaten
The security of my soul,
For I am hid with Christ on high
And will surely reach the goal.

While Jesus my Redeemer
Leads me through the race,
Darts are hurled from every side,
But I am fixed upon His face.

He urges me “Press on!”
He knows my every care;
As I struggle through the Way,
He helps my load to bear.

No trouble is too much for Him,
And in Him I can confide;
He has promised to remain with me
And in Him I’ll abide.

Such a gracious, loving Shepherd
Shall keep me to the end;
And my Savior, Master, Healer,
I may also call my Friend.

So why should I be downcast
My needs supplied as never before;
With joy will I lift up my head,
And gaze on the Risen Lord.

~A.L 6/23/09

No comments: