Thursday, January 15, 2009

Poetry

In reading tonight I found this poem. The third verse that talks about keeping the soul spotless and bright reminded me of how Bob Jennings always talks about how Christians should "walk the world in white." Unbelievers are always watching, and I'm sure they notice our flaws more than we realize. One of my main flaws is a critical spirit that surely doesn't go unnoticed. May God give us strength to overcome these daily struggles. Very encouraging and convicting poem at the same time.

Tread in solitude your pathway,
Quiet heart and undismayed.
You will know things strange, mysterious,
Which to you no voice has said.

While the crowd of petty hustlers
Grasps at vain and meager things,
You will see a great world rising
Where soft sacred music rings.

Leave the dusty road to others,
Spotless keep your soul and bright,
As the radiant ocean's surface
When the sun is taking flight.

~V. Schoffel

1 comment:

Hannah said...

That reminds me of the Bible verse that says, "Come out of their midst and be separate." I can't remember the reference though.